We believe providing systemic anticancer therapy (SACT) at home has a wide range of benefits for both clinicians and patients. With the use of SACT rising each year, it’s important to have the support of a healthcare provider with the expertise to coordinate and deliver this specialised treatment safely in a home environment.
As well as offering patients convenience and excellent clinical care, there are also financial benefits to having treatment at home. Private Medical Insurers, private patients who “Self Pay” and the NHS could benefit from cost savings as some expensive medications are VAT exempt when administered at home.
This service was recently featured in The Times.
Our patients receive specialist nurse care that goes the extra mile
- We are one of the largest private healthcare cancer treatment providers in the country with over 25 years’ experience and UK-wide coverage.
- Working closely with, and under the direction of hospital consultants, we safely provide high quality systemic anticancer therapy (SACT) – including chemotherapy – to thousands of patients every month.
- All patients have access to our team of cancer clinical nurse specialists. The team look after all aspects of a patients’ home treatment - from bespoke medical care to helping them and their families throughout the treatment journey providing holistic support.
- Our team of highly skilled specialist chemotherapy nurses administer systemic anti-cancer treatment (SACT) – including chemotherapy – to thousands of patients, every month, in their home environment.
- Our cancer service is supported by robust clinical protocols underpinning all regimens and any subsequent reactions.
- Patients are further supported by having access to a dedicated 24-hour Care Bureau, using the UKONS tool to identify and triage patient symptoms.
- Patients benefit from access to a wide range of drugs, created in our state-of-the-art compounding facility and delivered via our national cold-chain delivery service.
Consultants can be reassured of the best quality industry standards for their patients
- Our expert nurses will work seamlessly under a consultant’s direction to safely provide high quality treatments from the comfort of your patients’ homes.
- We’ve established industry-leading clinical governance to make sure we continually achieve the highest standards. We are regularly audited and inspected by private medical insurance and pharmaceutical organisations, as well as leading regulatory bodies such as the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain and the Care Quality Commission. We are also the first healthcare organisation in the world to achieve gold accreditation in Aseptic Non-Touch Technique (ANTT), which ensures that we meet the highest clinical standards during every single visit.
- Our cancer service is supported by robust clinical protocols underpinning all regimens and any subsequent reactions. Our chemotherapy nurses are highly trained and experienced in dealing with reactions to treatments.
- Our clinical team is on call 24 hours a day to offer support and advice.
- All our specialist chemotherapy nurses are trained to either degree or masters level, or hold an NHS-accredited chemotherapy qualification. They all undergo annual SACT accreditation to ensure their knowledge and skills are up to standard.
“Cancer treatment can often be an exhausting process. On top of having to travel to and from hospitals, there is the impact of the therapies themselves, which often cause fatigue and other significant side effects. Having treatment at home helps the patients we care for live a more normal life.”