Update One (31 March 2020)
COVID-19 – An update for our patients
We just wanted to provide a further update following our email last week and the Government announcement that was made earlier this week.
Everyone across our business has been pulling out all the stops to ensure that there is no impact to the delivery of our medicines and our nurse/clinician visits.
Here are just a few of the initiatives that we are working on to ensure we continue to provide a great service:
- We will continue to ensure the safety of you and our colleagues by calling you the day before a nurse visit and completing a doorstep check before we enter your home
- Our delivery drivers will respect social distancing guidelines – they will place your delivery on the doorstep and step away
- All colleagues who can work remotely are now doing so. Those who need to remain on our premises are now working 2 metres apart to mitigate any spread of the virus
- We have identified our critical roles and have continuity plans in place
- We are upskilling colleagues from our support functions so that they can provide additional support to our essential operations teams
- We have asked colleagues to recommend friends and family who might be able to come on board to support us and have recruited 100 temporary colleagues who have already started working with us
- We have created a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), taken from the queries we have handled recently which may be of help to you. These are attached and can also be found on our website and social media channels.
Our colleagues have been uplifted by the great support we have received from you and your loved ones over the past few weeks. We’ve received some inspirational, heart-warming, thank you comments over the phone and through our social media sites.
We are doing everything we can to continue to provide you with a safe, uninterrupted, service and will continue to monitor the situation on an hour by hour basis.
Thank you for all your support.
Darryn Gibson, Chief Executive Officer
Jonathan Asbridge, Chief Clinical Officer
In these unprecedented times, we want to provide you with the latest news and advice around our treatment and delivery services.
We know that some patients may have questions about the current situation and the continuation of our services. Therefore, on this page, you’ll find important information and updates from our Chief Executive and Chief Clinical Officer, along with some useful links to Government websites.
To further support you in finding the answer to some of the most common questions we are receiving currently, we have also included a set of Frequently Asked Questions. These will be updated on a regular basis so please do come back and check the page regularly.
We will also be posting updates on our social media pages so if you don’t currently follow us, you can do so here:
Please remember that it’s very important that patients continue to take their regular medication as prescribed provided they are symptom-free. Not taking medication as prescribed could cause exacerbation or flare-ups of current conditions. We remain in close contact with the NHS and referring centres and at no point should patients who are symptom-free miss doses of medication. If this position changes, we will update patients as soon as possible.
The latest guidance available for patients can be found at https://111.nhs.uk/service/COVID-19
Patients who feel unwell, and may have come in contact with the COVID – 19 / Coronavirus, or have returned from one of the listed affected areas as per the Department Health and Social Care website should visit https://111.nhs.uk or their referring centre (consultant or clinical nurse specialist) for further advice. If patients are considering missing a dose this must be agreed with the referring centre.
However, if you are receiving treatment for cancer and feel unwell, please call 0800 756 7589 where your call will be dealt with by the cancer team.
Patients who are due to travel, please follow the advice of the Department of Health and Social Care for the latest travel advice and restrictions.
Useful links and resources
For more information and the latest Government guidance please visit: