If you are ill or hurt and need help fast, but it is not a 999 emergency use NHS 111
For times when you need medical help and advice from someone, you can trust go online to 111.nhs.uk or phone 111. It’s fast, easy and free.
The people at NHS 111 are trained to help you, like a nurse, doctor or even a dentist. They will ask you some questions about what is wrong and tell you what to do next.
You will be asked questions about what is wrong. They will then tell you what you need to do.
If you need expert help, for example from someone who knows more about what is wrong, they will see you get it.
NHS 111 can also:
• Book an appointment for you to to see your GP
• Book an appointment for you to see an emergency dentist
• Help you speak to someone who can provide mental health support
• Book you into another NHS service
• Arrange for you to pick up medicine at a pharmacy near to you
• Give you advice how to look after yourself, so you can do what is needed yourself
• Send an ambulance if you need one
• Tell you if you need to go to A&E or an emergency department.